**Please read the details and guidelines below before submitting adoption application**
Intake Date: June 25, 2016
Last Update: July 19, 2016
Date Available: July, 19, 2016
Age: 4 weeks as of July 19
DOB: June 25, 2016
Gender: 4 females & 1 male
Color & Markings:
Good with other dogs:
Good with cats:
Good with kids:
Physical Fence Required:
Adoption donation: $400
My ideal home would be:
Please consider sponsoring Bea's Pups to help with medical bills.
Adoption Process for Bea’s Puppies:
*It is important you take the time to read all details outlined here. It is long, but will hopefully answer the majority of your questions.
Bea and her puppies are currently in Foster Care while the puppies bond, learn, and grow with their mom! These puppies are mixed with ½ English Bulldog and “your guess is as good as ours” breed. There are five (5) puppies available for adoption. 4-females and 1-male. Also, Bea their loving and superbly precious mother will be available for adoption. The puppies vary in color, and are as beautiful as they are healthy! If you are interested in applying to adopt, there are several points we want you and your family to keep in mind, and we have also included the process for adoption of these puppies outlined below.
*If you live outside of Ohio, yet within 2-hours of the Ohio border, you must reach out to us via email or through Facebook in-box tool to determine if we can adopt to your area prior to applying.
• Adoption of a pet is a family decision, we ask that families discuss the potential of adopting a puppy together and that all family members are in agreement. We will NOT adopt to anyone that plans to “surprise” a family member for their birthday or other occasions. Everyone living in your home has to be in on it!
• These are puppies, they will be adopted out on a spay/neuter contract to be completed when it is age appropriate. We will be following up and holding adopters responsible for ensuring this is completed. We also require microchipping of each puppy.
• Puppies need time, attention, AND training. Puppies have to be housebroken over time, they have to receive regular vet care, and they can and should start training early. Despite their “mixed-breed” status, they will have traits of bulldogs. Bulldogs have strong personalities which include: Loving, cuddly, stubborn, hard headed, at times dominant, and definitely sassy. The earlier they receive appropriate and consistent training, the more likely you can head off any behavioral problems in the future. Buckeye Bulldog Rescue strongly encourages the use of crates; this is a protective factor for your puppy as well as completely appropriate form of training.
Application and Adoption Process:
1. All applicants will complete the application via the website at www.buckeyebulldogrescue.org
2. Apply from a desktop or laptop computer. Do NOT attempt to apply through a Smart Phone or Tablet, the application will not upload and will fail almost every time.
3. When applying you can apply to adopt a female (1-application). You can apply to adopt a male (1-application) or you can apply to be considered for both sexes (2-application(s). We will not be placing more than one puppy in any one home. Keep in mind, you can also apply to adopt Bea if you believe your home would be best for her. The adoption application is a $10.00 per application donation. So, the application-donation totals to apply for both sexes is $20.00 total, and $10.00 per application. We suggest that you open a word document and save your answers from your first application if you plan to apply for both sexes, so you don’t have to begin the application from scratch, you can copy and paste answers to the second (2nd) application. Please keep in mind, if you apply only for the male puppy, there is only one of him, and the statistical odds of being chosen are lower.
4. The adoption application will ask for the name of the dog you are applying for. You will place “female-puppy” in that box or you will type “male-puppy” in that box. If you type “puppy”, your application will be automatically placed in the pool for a female puppy.
5. In the event that we have more qualified and top homes for the puppies, than we have available puppies, your family will be placed in a lottery drawing. We will draw the family name to move forward in the process starting with the male puppy. If the lottery “winner” chooses to pass on completing the adoption of the puppy, we will move to the next family chosen in drawing. We will then move on to the female puppies. Same process for female puppies, however more names will be drawn. As you can imagine attempting to find a thorough and “fair” process for the adoption of these puppies has been very challenging and the board of Buckeye Bulldog Rescue has determined this is the best and most appropriate way.
6. You will not be permitted to “pick” which female you wish to adopt. We will randomly assign the families with the female puppy. This will be based on puppy personality and needs.
Thank you to my sponsors!: